While we are actively engaged in ongoing standards-related initiatives with the Facility Guidelines Institute, Joint Commission and other accrediting and regulatory agencies, our Environmental Standards Council (ESC) is a volunteer group committed to improving the regulatory standards of the Guidelines for the Design and Construction of Healthcare Facilities.
The ESC is a multidisciplinary group that includes healthcare facility executives, design professionals, regulatory agents, product manufacturers and educators. The ESC co-authored the "Environment of Care" chapter in the 2006 Guidelines for Design & Construction of Healthcare Facilities. Unanimously accepted by the Guidelines Review Committee, this chapter outlines the environmental factors that contribute to patient, staff and family satisfaction as well as increased safety, fewer medical errors and a healthier financial bottom line. Learn more about the guidelines.
- Jenifer Aliber, Principal, Shepley Bulfinch Richardson and Abbott
- Jan L. Bishop, AIA, Vice President for Facilities Planning and Management, Saint Clare’s Health System
- Rosalyn Cama, FASID, EDAC, President, CAMA Inc.
- Gloria Cascarino, Director of Medical Equipment Planning, Francis Cauffman
- Phil Cerniglia, AIA, Director of Healthcare, Lothrop Associates, LLP Architects
- Robin Guenther, Principal, Perkins + Will
- Barbara Huelat, ASID, Principal, Huelat Parimucha Ltd.
- Andrea V. Hyde, ASID, President, Hyde Incorporated Interior Design
- Thomas M. Jung, RA, Director, New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Arch. Eng. Facility
- Debra Levin, MA, EDAC, President, The Center for Health Design
- Patricia A. Moore, Med, MA, Adjunct Professor of Industrial Design, Arizona State University
- Jane Rohde, AIA, FIIDA, ACHA, NCARB, JSR Associates, Inc.
- Naomi Sachs, ASLA, Founder & Director, Therapeutic Landscapes Network
- Alberto Salvatore, AIA, EDAC, Principal, Salvatore Associates
- Jerry Smith, ASLA, LEED AP, Smith\GreenHealth Consulting, LLC
- Ellen Taylor, AIA, EDAC, Research Associate, The Center for Health Design
- Richard Thomas, AIA, Sr. Director, Strategic Initiatives, Weill-Cornell Medical College
- Roberta Young, BS, MHA, Principal, Sterling Planning Alliance