Evidence-based design is an evolving discipline. The Center for Health Design offers the latest resources and tools for enhancing your knowledge and practice of evidence-based design and healthcare quality and safety.
EDAC's 2nd Edition Study Guides and Sample Exam prepare you for the exam and are resourceful references for practical application of EBD.
- Volume 1: An Introduction to Evidence-Based Design: Exploring Healthcare and Design explains the components of the healthcare delivery system, the trends affecting it and the various settings in which delivery occurs. Free download or print copy.
- Volume 2: Building the Evidence Base: Understanding Research in Healthcare Design explores the value of using credible evidence in healthcare projects, and how design solutions are empirically evaluated and scientific evidence is generated through research. $95; $180/set (Vol. 1-3)
- Volume 3: Integrating Evidence-Based Design: Practicing the Healthcare Design Process offers practical examples from real case studies to show how EBD is applied and measured. $95; $180/set (Vol. 1-3)
- EDAC Sample Exam: practice taking the EDAC exam with this sample exam.
Visit The Center for Health Design's website to find more on EBD:
- 2012 EDAC Advocate Brochure
- 2011 EDAC Advocate Brochure
- Photo Release Form
- Publications from The Center for Health Design
- Knowledge Repository from The Center for Health Design
- Blog: read the latest on EDAC in HEALTHCARE DESIGN magazine
- Other Resources: magazines, related websites, and more ways to find EBD research
Educators: Take advantage of the Educator Toolkit and teach evidence-based design in your classroom.
The Educator Toolkit provides tools and materials to educators interested in teaching their students about the significance of evidence-based design and the advantages of EDAC certification. Materials include a PowerPoint presentation, student discount coupons, a flyer and a class header graphic, all available for download.