This checklist is a step-by-step guide to help you prepare and register for the EDAC exam.
□ 1. Purchase your EDAC Study Guides (Volumes 1-3)
□ 2. Download and read the Candidate Handbook
□ 3. Complete your exam application through Castle Worldwide, Inc.
□ 4. Receive Notice to Schedule (NTS) from Castle within 5-7 business days
• This email will contain a username, password and link to schedule
□ 5. Schedule your exam at your preferred date and location
• NOTE: If you are taking the EDAC exam at a conference, you must schedule the exam 30
days prior to the test date to be on the roster. Scheduling after the deadline will result in
an additional “walk-in fee” of $50. Please contact edac [at] healthdesign [dot] org to guarantee
seating for the exam.
□ 6. Receive email Confirmation Notice
• This email will have instructions with exact location of the test site and what you need to bring
□ 7. Review the Exam Content Outline
□ 8. Study, study, study!
□ 9. Take the Sample Exam.
□ 10. Take the EDAC exam
□ Bring government-issued photo ID
□ Bring your Confirmation Notice
□ Arrive at least 15 minutes early
• If you have technical problems with your computer or feel any discomfort with the environment, please notify the proctor immediately so that any issues can be promptly resolved.
□ 11. Receive exam results
• Computer-based testing: you will receive results upon completion of the exam
• Paper-based testing (conference locations): you will receive results within 6-8 weeks after
your exam date
• Your test results will be emailed to you with a link to the EDAC Welcome Packet if you
passed, or instructions if you need to retest
□ 12. Read your Welcome Packet
• This will contain important information on requirements to maintain your credential
□ 13. Receive an EDAC certificate via mail 4-6 weeks after passing the exam
□ 14. Be listed in the EDAC directory
□ 15. Receive EDAC LinkedIn Group notification
□ 16. Receive EDAC Newsflash and The Center for Health Design emails
□ 17. Download the EDAC Renewal Checklist