NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, led by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
NBBJ is seeking a talented Healthcare Market Leader to lend their expertise in expanding our growing Columbus practice. Market Leaders shape NBBJ’s global practice at the regional, national and international levels, advancing our commitment to innovation and design excellence. Adept at building long-term strategic relationships, marketing complex projects, and playing a leadership role on projects, they work closely with the Healthcare Practice Leadership team.
We are looking for a spirited leader dedicated to helping us continue to build a global, regional and local practice. The ideal candidate for this role can work both collaboratively and independently, is proactive in delivering success, is able to positively influence others — and can thrive in the face of changing conditions and multiple variables.
In your new role:
- Lead the medical planning for our most complex healthcare projects.
- Grow the Healthcare practice: develop and execute new and existing client relationships through a deep understanding of client enterprise and needs.
- Work closely with the other Market Leaders, Healthcare Practice Leadership Team, Client Development Manager and Market Manager to continually identify and generate business opportunities that broaden the Healthcare practice.
- Assist in the development of marketing content that strengthens the Healthcare practice image, value propositions and POV.
- Provide strategy and vision for proposals and interviews with prospective clients to increase win rate.
- Generate a strong pipeline — leads and prospects — to increase the Healthcare practice’s reach and influence.
- Ensure practice profitability for the healthcare studio, including the meeting of annual sales goals and revenue targets, while also meeting marketing budgets.
- Advance the Healthcare practice’s reputation through conference presentations, journal articles and social media communications.
- Have proven success in planning and developing new projects as well as the ability to motivate and inspire teams, both internally and externally.
- Lead in the design and planning of complex healthcare projects at various scales, and an interest in helping to shape a growing healthcare practice.
What you will need to succeed:
- Medical Planning experience – complex healthcare projects of all scales and program types
- Demonstrated excellence in design and innovation
- Experience in leading HC projects from programming/concept design through construction administration
- Must be an expert in Healthcare design with a deep understanding of NBBJ’s work
- Proven ability to build business and deliver complex Healthcare projects – both interior and core-and-shell design projects, at all scales
- Skilled at viewing the world through the client’s lens
- A great communicator and storyteller with an engaging and energetic personality
- Strong relationships and connections with Healthcare clients across the United States
- Results-oriented: ability to independently analyze, synthesize information and take action
- Must generate leads early in the sales cycle and work collaboratively with the studio/practice team to develop strategies and relationships that convert them into prospects
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment and capable of bringing together a diverse team of leaders, unifying diverse marketing mindsets, approaches, and capabilities into a cohesive team
- Bringing rigor, coordination, and increased communication to our marketing process
- 15+ years of experience in the design profession with a focus in Healthcare
- Licensure or equivalent professional certification encouraged
- LEED Accreditation, encouraged
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
- NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
- Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
- We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
- In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
- We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
- Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
- Stand for Optimism: We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society, and planet.
- Lead with Curiosity: We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
- Commit to Sustainability: We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
- Design for All: We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
- Own the Outcome: We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
- Grow our Legacy: We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.
Please apply directly through our careers page.