NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, led by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity to join NBBJ New York as a Senior Interior Designer – Healthcare Studio. We are seeking an experienced someone to work on projects at a variety of scales including large complex projects. The position will offer the candidate opportunities to grow within the firm and exposure to an innovative, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
In your new role:
- Lead the interior design work of projects in pursuit of design excellence
- Lead high-energy, collaborative team and project
- Provide mentoring and guidance to team members
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Develop and implement overall design concepts and finish palettes through all phases of design
What you will need to succeed:
- 10-20 years of professional experience in Interior Design
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture or Architecture degree with strong portfolio of realized interior projects
- LEED Accreditation or within 18 months of hire
- Proven client leadership
- Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills
- Strong graphic communication skills
- Revit capability desired but not essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch Up, Rhino and/or 3DS Max
- Depth of experience with selecting, and specifying materials and finishes
- Experience with furniture selection and specification
- Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment
- Desire to help drive innovative design solutions
- The annual base pay range for this role is anticipated to be between $120,000 and $148,000. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
- NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
- Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
- We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
- In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
- We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
- Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
- Stand for Optimism: We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society, and planet.
- Lead with Curiosity: We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
- Commit to Sustainability: We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
- Design for All: We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
- Own the Outcome: We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
- Grow our Legacy: We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.
Please apply directly through our careers page.