NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, led by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ Los Angeles as a Senior Project Architect for our Healthcare Practice. NBBJ is looking for a project architect with demonstrated experience working on OSHPD projects in California and who has worked primarily with large-scale, Healthcare projects involving client contact and leadership responsibilities. The Senior Project Architect performs architectural design and delivery for a wide variety of projects involving the construction of new buildings and the alteration of existing buildings and facilities.
In your new role:
- Work with clients and team members to identify objectives, develop options, and formulate creative solutions.
- Interpret design concepts by collaborating with project team and translate them into workable construction systems and detailing, while maintaining design intent and advocating for design excellence.
- Prepare appropriate documentation and deliverables from schematic design through construction administration in accordance with established firm and industry standards.
- Maintain appropriate records for project phases in accordance with established firm and industry standards.
- Lead and coordinate the work of other team members and consultants, providing direction, guidance, and mentoring as appropriate.
- May participate in marketing efforts, including proposal development, presentations, and client interviews.
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the architectural field with successful experience in the documentation and delivery of large-scale healthcare projects
- OSHPD experience is mandatory for this role
- Demonstrated experience working on healthcare projects in the state of California
- Fluency in Revit
- B Arch or M Arch degree
- Architectural Licensure; LEED or other sustainability accreditation preferred
- Proven ability to work within a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment; setting an example for others
- Ability to travel as the project(s) requires
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
- NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
- Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
- We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
- In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
- We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
- Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
- Stand for Optimism: We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society, and planet.
- Lead with Curiosity: We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
- Commit to Sustainability: We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
- Design for All: We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
- Own the Outcome: We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
- Grow our Legacy: We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.
Please apply directly through our careers page.