Given annually by The Center for Health Design at Healthcare Design Expo & Conference, the award honors individuals or organizations that have demonstrated an exceptional ability to change the way healthcare facilities are designed and built, and whose work has a broad impact on the advancement of healthcare design. Past honorees read like a "Who's Who" - click here to read more.
Individuals or organizations that have:
- Demonstrated an exceptional ability to make change happen in how healthcare facilities are designed and built.
- A body of work that has had a broad impact on the advancement of the field of healthcare design.
- Been a role model or mentor for others.
- Epitomized the true meaning of being a Changemaker.
- Been an active voice in the industry as a volunteer, spokesperson or advocate.
- Demonstrated the ideals of leadership.
- A commitment to the values of The Center for Health Design and its mission.
Nominees can be, but are not limited to, design professionals, design firms, product manufacturers, healthcare professionals (including practitioners), healthcare institutions, healthcare facility owners, researchers, educators, authors, consultants, associations, association leaders, etc.
- Three letters via zip file of recommendation speaking to the impact the nominee or organization has made on our industry.
- A summary clearly stating how the candidate meets the eligibility criteria. Please provide examples.
- Nominee’s resume/CV.
Why Nominate Someone?
- To recognize an individual or organization that has changed the way healthcare facilities are designed and built, and whose work has a broad impact on the advancement of healthcare design.
- To give the potential recipient an opportunity to share lessons learned about changing the healthcare design industry with colleagues at the annual Healthcare Design Expo & Conference.
- To inspire the healthcare industry to create for better healthcare environments.
- Call for Entries - January 6 – February 28, 2020
- Review of Submissions - March 1 - April 1, 2020
- Awardee Informed - April 15, 2020
- Changemaker Recipient presents at Healthcare Design Expo & Conference- November 9, 2020