Healthcare Design Conference + Expo, is an annual conference produced and founded by the industry’s leading healthcare design information and educational advocates, The Center for Health Design and Emerald Expositions, LLC, (publisher of Healthcare Design Magazine) in association with the AIA Academy of Architecture for Health and other organizational contributors. Healthcare Design is developed by professionals who are day-to-day advocates and champions for the improvement of healthcare spaces.
The Center is proud to be the content partner for Healthcare Design Conference + Expo, (read more here.) This conference is the most comprehensive in the industry, offering attendees a state-of-the-art, multi-track, multi-disciplinary learning event. Attendees benefit from access to the latest and best educational content in healthcare design delivered from thought leaders and innovators within the field.
Healthcare Design Conference + Expo welcomes presentation proposals that are suited to our educational foci, which include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Patient Safety and Satisfaction
- Ambulatory Care
- Impact of Technology
- Clinical Perspectives
- The High-Performance Hospital/ Sustainable Practices
- Design for Wellness
- Innovations in Facility Planning and Management
- Design Challenges & Solutions
- Specialty Facilities and/or Departments (i.e., Oncology, Pediatrics, Behavioral Health, OR, ED)
- Strategies for Financing and Operations
- International Trends and Practices
- Healthcare in the Home
- Projects/Initiatives that Advance Equality and Social Justice
- Other Timely Topics
Healthcare Design Conference + Expo draws its audience from many disciplines and different levels of professional experience including architecture, interior design, facilities management, academia, clinical care, product developers, service providers, and researchers to name a few.
The Healthcare Design Conference + Expo offers educational content delivery through several formats.
Educational Sessions—are designed to provide attendees with just-breaking information, case studies, and research findings on a myriad of topics. The conference is looking for educational sessions that will fulfill two different types of tracks:
- General education track: offering case studies, design outcomes or processes, and topically-related sessions.
- Research track: presenting rigorous research findings on a variety of topics including using study objectives, research methods, results and practical implications for designing healthcare built environments.
Speakers for both tracks are expected to offer information-rich presentations (supported by visual presentation) with opportunities for Q & A. The attendance in educational sessions may range from 50-250 people. Educational sessions are one-hour in length.
Interactive Roundtable Discussions—are designed to provide attendees with focused, yet more informal interactive programming on a specific area of interest.
Moderators are expected to share just-breaking information about the topic at hand, encourage dialogue and facilitate discussion. Attendance in roundtable discussions may range from 20-45 people. Interactive roundtable discussions are one hour in length.
Contact Jen Wilcox, Director of Education, The Center for Health Design, 925.521.9404 ext. 119, firstname.lastname@example.org.