On Part 2 of today’s episode, Cheryl interviews Bill Repichowskyj, AIA, Partner e4h, Environments for Health Architecture. Bill gives us a closer look at e4h’s 4wrd initiative in action by generously walking us through the firm’s design project for Oneida Nation; two new outpatient clinics in The Dreamcatcher Plaza in Oneida, New York—the Oneida Nation Health Services building and the Bassett Oneida Health Center. How did Bill and his team win the project? What was unique about designing healthcare facilities for the Oneida Nation–a federally recognized tribe of Oneida people in the United States? Learn the answers to these questions and more on the changing face of healthcare design on part 2 of today’s episode with Bill Repichowskyj.
Learn more about Bill Repichowskyj and e4h architecture by visiting https://e4harchitecture.com/.
In Cheryl’s conversation with Bill Repichowskyj, they discuss:
- How did e4h win the healthcare projects at The Dreamcatcher Plaza in Oneida, New York; the Oneida Nation Health Services building and the Bassett Oneida Health Center?
- How was the Oneida Nation Healthcare Services project unique and how does it align with e4h’s 4wrd initiative?
- How was this project different from others that Bill has worked on at e4h?
- What was it like working with the Oneida Nation?
- What did Bill and his team learn from spending time with representatives at Oneida Nation prior to beginning the project?
- The story of Bill’s journey into healthcare.
- Bill’s thoughts on the importance of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in healthcare architecture and design, and where it is headed, moving forward.
The world is changing quickly. The Center for Health Design is committed to providing the healthcare design and senior living design industries with the latest research, best practices and innovations. The Center can help you solve today’s biggest healthcare challenges and make a difference in care, safety, medical outcomes, and the bottom line. Find out more at healthdesign.org.
Additional support for this podcast comes from our industry partners:
- The American Academy of Healthcare Interior Designers
- The Nursing Institute for Healthcare Design
Learn more about how to become a Certified Healthcare Interior Designer® by visiting the American Academy of Healthcare Interior Designers at: https://aahid.org/.
Connect to a community interested in supporting clinician involvement in design and construction of the built environment by visiting The Nursing Institute for Healthcare Design at https://www.nursingihd.com/.