Cheryl’s special guest today on the podcast is Sandy Goodman, IIDA, CHID, EDAC, LEED AP, LSSBB, and President of CRGA Design. CRGA provides comprehensive architectural, interior design and planning services utilizing an experienced in-house team of architects and interior designers specializing in healthcare design. Sandy shares in detail how the pandemic influenced the way she and her team work with their healthcare clients and partners on projects, and what lessons she has taken away from the experience. Lean in and listen to part 1 of today’s podcast with this Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt, Sandy Goodman, who generously shares what it means to maximize efficiency and eliminate waste in the healthcare environment.
Learn more about Sandy Goodman and CRGA Design by visiting https://crgadesign.com/.
In Cheryl’s conversation with Sandy Goodman, they discuss:
- How did CRGA experience COVID in 2020?
- How has the pandemic influenced the way Sandy and her team work with their healthcare clients and partners on projects?
- What does Sandy mean when she says that she and her team are “very innovative, pushing the envelope a little bit” on projects?
- Sandy is a Lean Six-Sigma black belt. What does this mean for Sandy’s projects at CRGA?
- How does Sandy utilize her unique expertise to maximize efficiency and eliminate waste in the healthcare environment?
- Sandy has said that she and her team are architects and interior designers working seamlessly together and that all CRGA’s designers are planners. How does this benefit projects?
Coming up on part 2 of today’s episode, Cheryl continues her rich conversation with Sandy Goodman. Sandy generously shares what it means to put the patient in the middle, and the importance of the AAHID (The American Academy of Healthcare Interior Designers), what they offer, and how having Certified Healthcare Interior Designers on your teams makes a unique difference in what their team offers their healthcare partners. Part 2 of today’s episode is available now.
The world is changing quickly. The Center for Health Design is committed to providing the healthcare design and senior living design industries with the latest research, best practices and innovations. The Center can help you solve today’s biggest healthcare challenges and make a difference in care, safety, medical outcomes, and the bottom line. Find out more at healthdesign.org.
Additional support for this podcast comes from our industry partners:
- The American Academy of Healthcare Interior Designers
- The Nursing Institute for Healthcare Design
Learn more about how to become a Certified Healthcare Interior Designer® by visiting the American Academy of Healthcare Interior Designers at: https://aahid.org/.
Connect to a community interested in supporting clinician involvement in design and construction of the built environment by visiting The Nursing Institute for Healthcare Design at https://www.nursingihd.com/.