Scott & White completed construction of a 500,000 sq. ft. replacement hospital called the Center for Advanced Medicine in December 2006. This state-of-the-art facility is digital, wireless, and paperless. Physicians and patients benefit not only from superior medical technologies but also from dramatic improvements in workflow and processes that directly affect patient care.
Healing amenities include:
- Larger, all-private patient rooms with more space for family
- All rooms have a window, and almost every corridor has a window at the end.
- Colors and decorations in the rooms and hospital project a calming atmosphere.
- Patients can control their own lighting and their own temperature
- A healing garden located, between the new hospital and the old hospital, will have various seating areas, two fountains and several arbors to instill a sense of tranquility and relaxation for patients and their families.
Its Pebble Project compares data between the old and new facilities in the following areas: patient satisfaction, employee satisfaction/turnover, outcome measures, cost indicators, patient activity, unit activity, nursing quality, and employee injuries. The project architect is Page Southerland Page and Manhattan is the contractor.