The Williamsport Hospital & Medical Center project is part of the larger Project 2012, Susquehanna Health's master facility project designed to upgrade and or replace four aging facilities.
The highlights of this project are:
- Continued use of existing campuses.
- Creation of modern facilities capable of housing state-of-the-art medical technology while significantly improving operational efficiency.
- Expansion of space for critical patient care areas such as the Emergency Department, operating rooms, Imaging Services, and special care units.
- Elimination of multiple-bed rooms to improve patient safety and infection control.
- Flexible design characteristics assuring effective building use for future decades.
- Emphasis on our faith-based, relationship oriented philosophy of care to reflect our local natural and cultural heritage.
The majority of the work envisioned under this project will be completed by the year 2012.
Williamsport Hospital & Medical Center Project Goals
- Develop a south-facing marquee entrance from High Street, creating a park-like environment with green space and attractive landscaping.
- Expand and remodel the Emergency department, Imaging Center andd Cardiovascular Services.
- Expand and replace the surgical suites.
- Replace the inpatient suites in the Nursery and OB/GYN areas.
- Replace semi-private rooms with private patient rooms.