As The Center for Health Design’s premier collegial network, Built Environment Network consists of executive-level professionals who are dedicated to improving safety, quality, and sustainability in healthcare. Learn and connect with industry leaders by participating in open, strategic discussions that will set a direction for the future of the built environment.
Membership is by invitation only and is limited to one person representing each participating organization. BEN is maintaining a static membership, but will be open to inviting new people with specific interests or expertise that are beneficial to the group. This consistency enables BEN members to form meaningful relationships with each other and create new dynamics by adding different people.
Annual member fees cover:
- Programming and meals for 2 in-person meetings per year and a 3-4 hour virtual meeting in November/December
- Expert speakers and faculty
- Annual subscription to HERD Journal
- 20% discount on all CHD publications
- 20% discount on Evidence-based Design Accreditation and Certification (EDAC) study guides and exam fees
*Members are responsible for all travel and hotel expenses for the in-person meetings.
- Bob Biggio, Senior Vice President, Facilities & Support Services, Boston Medical Center
- Matthew D. Bode AIA, Executive Director of Planning, Design, & Construction | Baptist Health System
- Steve Carbery, Vice President Facilities, Design, Construction & Real Estate, Yale New Haven Health System
- Heather Dilley, Director, Preconstruction and Project Engineering Medxcel/Ascension
- Walter Jones, Senior Vice President, Campus Transformation, MetroHealth System
- COL Christopher W. Kiss, PhD, AIA, PMP, EDAC, Chief of Design, Construction & Activation, Defense Health Agency
- Dale Grandlic, CHFM, MBA, Vice President | Facilities Management, Rush University Medical Center
- Chris Knueven, Vice President, Design and Construction, Bon Secours Mercy Health
- Mike LaMont, PE, SE, MBA, Built Environment Network Emeritus, BEN Liaison for the National Academy of Medicine
- Edward A. Litvin, Deputy to the Assistant Deputy Under Secretary for Health, Administrative Operations, Veterans Health Administration
- James Ludington, Deputy Director, Office of Health and Engineering, Indian Health Services
- Michael McKay, Director, Planning Design and Construction, UW Health
- Clayton Mitchell, Senior Vice President, Real Estate and Facilities, Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals
- Liz Moran, Sr. Director, Real Estate Design & Construction, Optum
- Don Orndoff, Senior Vice President, Kaiser Permanente, National Facility Services
- George R. Tingwald, Administrative Director, Medical Planning, Stanford Health Care | Planning, Design + Construction
- Alicia Wachtel, Executive Director, Facilities Planning, Design and Construction, Cedars-Sinai
- Mike Way, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain, Facilities, and Real Estate, Bronson Health
- Mike Wood, Vice President, Planning Design & Construction, Medxcel/Ascension
- Jordan Cram, CEO, Enstoa
- Will Lichtig, Executive Vice President, Performance and Innovation Resources, The Boldt Company
- Steve Mcintosh, Healthcare Specialist, Whitehall Manufacturing/Neo-Metro
- Laura Mitchell, President, AcornVac
- John Pappas, Principal, Mechanical Engineering, Mazzetti
- Benjamin Pratt, Sales Director, Steelcase Health
- Seth Starner, Advanced Explorations and Commercialization Leader - Vertical Market, Steelcase
- Beth Melchi, Director Business Development-National Healthcare, The Boldt Company
- Walt Vernon, CEO, Mazzetti
Testimonials: Mazzetti, Yale New Haven Health System, and MetroHealth.
Click here to watch the July 2019 meeting highlight video at Man Made Music.
To learn more about membership, please contact Donna Deckard at 925-521-9404.