Since 2000, the Pebble Project, envisioned and created by The Center for Health Design, has been teaching and assisting healthcare providers to use an evidence-based design process in their healthcare capital projects. Our research is focused on quality of care, patient safety, staff safety, and environmental safety.
Pebble Partners learn how to develop strategies to implement, measure, and document the results of their endeavors from the experiences, lessons learned, and expert advice of fellow members, as well as having access to The Center’s researchers, research papers, checklists, planning tools, third-party assessments, workshops, and research opportunities.
Pebble Partners are healthcare organizations, firms, and manufacturers of all types, sizes, and locations, including the following:
- Large and small acute care hospitals
- Academic, research, and teaching institutions
- Ambulatory care facilities and clinics
- Specialty hospitals (children, cancer, residential care, etc.)
- Health systems
- Government authorities
- Architecture and design firms
- Product manufacturers