Why become EDAC certified?
- Distinguish yourself for your knowledge and practice of EBD in healthcare with the EDAC appellation
- Get listed in a public and searchable directory of EDAC-certified individuals
- Receive information and tools to assist in your business development activities and get the full business value of your EDAC achievement
- Hear about professional learning and development opportunities in EBD for healthcare
- Access discussions among peers in our private Linkedin EDAC Group
How to Prepare for the EDAC Exam
No prerequisites are required for sitting for the exam, but studying is necessary. During the two-hour exam, you will need to use your time wisely. It’s recommended to complete at least half of the answers in less than half of the time to ensure you’ll finish in time. There are 110 multiple-choice questions, 10 of them are not scored. Passing score is 650 of a possible score of 200-800.
To get started, review the list of recommended sources in Appendix A of our Candidate Handbook.
- Purchase and download the study materials.
- Register for the EDAC exam through our testing administrator, Scantron (formerly Castle Worldwide, Inc.) or via our paper application.
- The EDAC exam costs $395 (USD) at U.S. and Canada locations. A $65 fee will be added for international testing centers. Click here to find a testing location near you.
- Exam registration is good for one year from registration. Candidates have three attempts with a 60-day waiting period in between tests, otherwise a new exam registation is required at the full rate (retake fee is $255, if necessary).
- Advocate & Champion Firms, Advocate Organizations, Affiliate/Affiliate+ members, and students qualify for a discount code. Email us to inquire.
- Live Online Proctoring is available. Test at your home or office with proper internet speed and a webcam. Remote proctoring will be administered by Scantron's partner, Examity.
- Other EDAC exam FAQs found here.