Why become EDAC certified?
There are several reasons why healthcare professionals choose to become EDAC certified and take advantage of its many benefits. Not only will you be able to add the EDAC appellation next to your name and title, but you'll also be listed in a public directory for EDAC certified individuals and have access to tools, information, and opportunities for networking, learning, and development.
How to Prepare for the EDAC Exam
No prerequisites are required for sitting for the exam, but studying is necessary. During the two-hour exam, you will need to use your time wisely. It’s recommended to complete at least half of the answers in less than half of the time to ensure you’ll finish in time. There are 110 multiple-choice questions, 10 of them are not scored. Passing score is 650 of a possible score of 200-800.
To get started, review the list of recommended sources in Appendix A of our Candidate Handbook.
- Purchase the EDAC Study Guides
- Download the Sample EDAC Exam
- Download the Exam Content Outline
- Review with Online Flashcards and download Printable Flashcards
- Register for the EDAC Exam
- The EDAC exam costs $395 (USD) at U.S. and Canada locations, and $460 (USD) at testing centers outside of the U.S. and Canada. Click here to find a testing location near you. When registering, enter your Advocate Firm, Affiliate/Affiliate+, Pebble or student discount code (if applicable), or email us to inquire.
- As of April 2019 - Live Online Proctoring is now available. Test at your home or office with proper internet speed and a webcam.
- EDAC exam FAQs found here.