Why become EDAC certified?
A large and growing body of evidence attests to the fact that the physical environment impacts patient stress, patient and staff safety, staff effectiveness and quality of care provided in hospitals and other healthcare settings. Basing healthcare facility planning and design decisions on this evidence to achieve the best possible patient, staff and operational outcomes is what evidence-based design is all about.
EDAC certification shows your clients and team members that you have a method for developing design solutions that are rooted in research to help achieve the desired goals and improved outcomes.
How to Prepare for the EDAC Exam
No prerequisites are required for sitting for the exam, but studying is necessary. During the two-hour exam, you will need to use your time wisely. It’s recommended to complete at least half of the answers in less than half of the time to ensure you’ll finish in time. There are 110 multiple-choice questions, 10 of them are not scored. Passing score is 650 of a possible score of 200-800.
To get started, review the list of recommended sources in Appendix A of our Candidate Handbook.
- Purchase and download the study materials.
- Register for the EDAC exam through our testing administrator, Scantron (formerly Castle Worldwide, Inc.) or via our paper application.
- The EDAC exam costs $395 (USD) at U.S. and Canada locations. A $65 fee will be added for international testing centers. Click here to find a testing location near you.
- Exam registration is good for one year from registration. Candidates have three attempts with a 60-day waiting period in between tests, otherwise a new exam registation is required at the full rate (retake fee is $255, if necessary).
- Advocate & Champion Firms, Advocate Organizations, Affiliate/Affiliate+ members, and students qualify for a discount code. Email us to inquire.
- Live Online Proctoring is available. Test at your home or office with proper internet speed and a webcam. Remote proctoring will be administered by Scantron's partner, Examity.
- Other EDAC exam FAQs found here.